~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first show I took photos at was when Punch played at the Chamber back on June 17th, 2008. This was a really fun show, especially since some people made cardboard armor and weapons, and even a tank! We had a cardboard warrior fight while Punch was playing :)
All Punch photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next show I took photos at was 10 days later at the Chamber again... It was Run with the Hunted, Rogue State, Dohrn, and Restrained. It was a really good show... With a line-up like that, it's bound to be! I got photos of all the bands at this one.
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next was Letlive. at the Tribe on July 6th. I missed No Movement opening after rushing there from work to try to catch them, so that was a bummer, but I still got to see Deadair, Letlive, and Wait In Vain. I only took pictures of Letlive's set though... Their live performance is sooo good!
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I could talk forever about the trip surrounding this show, but I'll just keep it simple... This one was on August 2nd, 2008 at 924 Gilman St. in Berkeley, California. I got to see Comadre for the first time which was awesome, but also sucked because I missed most of their set standing in line. I got to see Phoenix Bodies from Indiana, and La Quiete from Italy. La Quiete were incredible! I didn't get to see Yaphet Kotto.... But I did get to see Portraits of Past's reunion (which was hard to enjoy because of that preceding sentence). It was a really fun trip, but it could've been better if a certain 30 minutes weren't skipped, haha... I did get to do an interview with Comadre which was reeeeally fun and cheered me up. And I met Mag from Yaphet Kotto which was really pretty much good enough for me, heh... Not to mention I met tons of new people staying in Oakland with my awesome host, Al. This trip has become a life-long memory.
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shortly after seeing Portraits of Past in the Bay Area, ...Who Calls So Loud (ex-Portraits of Past and ex-Funeral Diner) went on tour. I got to see them at the Phix on August 12th, 2008 along with Landmine Marathon (the WCSL show got combined with a metal show that was on the same day). Got some photos of ...Who Calls So Loud and Landmine Marathon and had a good time. Got to talk to the drummer of Portraits of Past.
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next was Think Fast's tour kick-off show which was a blast! I only got photos of Think Fast, but I think that was enough, heh...
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days later it was the Chamber's last show which was a bummer, but we definitely had fun. We wouldn't want to have our last memories of that place to be bad ones, haha... I forget what the line-up was exactly, but Think Fast ended up playing again! I got pictures of No Movement at this one...
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After that last Chamber show, there honestly weren't as many shows going on, so I didn't take as many photos. But once the Aztec (by the people who brought you the Chamber) opened, stuff started to pick up. One my favorite bands, Comadre, even played there on January 8th, 2009! I didn't get any pictures of them 'cause I was too busy singing along and having fun during their set, but I did get some photos of locals, Netzeah.
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My most recent photos up to this point were taken on January 11th, 2009 when Sohns, La Dispute, No Movement and Vanguard Party played at the Aztec. No photos of Vanguard Party, but I think I got some decent photos of all the other bands!
Rest of the photos here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's everything up to this point! Maybe I'll take some photos tonight... Okmoniks are playing a free basement show down the street from my place. Should be fun! Hope you enjoyed observing my photographs, haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment